How Do I Know My Mortgage Newsletter Is Working?
What follows is an excerpt from an actual conversation with a potential customer here at Exodus Marketing.
- Exodus: What type of marketing have you done up until now?
- Prospect: Well, I’ve done different things you know…different stuff.
- Exodus: Seriously, like what, for example?
- Prospect: Email, we did email for a while?
- Exodus: How did that work out?
- Prospect: It was okay, I guess. We didn’t really see any results from it…
- Exodus: So then, let me ask you a question… (Client interrupts.)
- Prospect: If I do a newsletter, how do I know it’s working? How do I quantify the result since it’s not electronic?
- Exodus: How did you know your email wasn’t working? Did it have analytics and reports?
- Prospect: Yes…
- Exodus: Did you use them?
- Prospect: No, not really.
- Exodus: How did you know it didn’t work?
- Prospect: We didn’t get any loans from it. So how will I know if my newsletter is working?
- Exodus: Very simple, your phone will ring!
This Loan Officer was skeptical and with good reason but not anymore. This is a very happy Exodus Newsletter client who’s phone rings often enough to still be one.
Remember, an email campaign sent to past clients is lacking the most important component… The Buyer’s Journey!